User blog: Yaakub Idris
What is the best wireless card to buy ?
Which card to purchase is a hard question to answer. Each person's criteria is somewhat different, such as one may require 802.11n capability, or may require it to work via virtualisation. However, having said that, if money is not a constraint then the following cards are considered the best in class:
- Alfa AWUS036H [b/g USB]
- Ubiquiti SRC [a/b/g Cardbus]
- Ubiquiti SRX [a/b/g ExpressCard]
- Airpcap series [USB]
If money is a constraint then consider purchasing a card with a RTL8187L, RT73 or Atheros chipset, also read this first before purchasing . There are many available on the market for fairly low prices. You are simply trading off distance, sensitivity and performance for cost.
If you want to know if your existing card is compatible then use this page: Tutorial: Is My Wireless Card Compatible?
- Click Start button.
- From the "Search programs and files" menu,
- Key in "edit group policy" and from the menu click "Edit group policy"
- Navigate to User ConfigurationAdministrative > Templates > Windows Component > Internet Explorer.
- Search for "Disable changing home page settings" and double click it.
- Select Enable and key in your preferred Home Page.
- Finally click Apply button.
How to view file content
gunzip -c file-name.gz
How to Extract file content.(Original .gz file will be replace)
How to Extract file content to another file.
Noted that you can use different file name or extension (Original .gz file are keep intact)
Gunship -c filename. gz > filename. txt
How to Compress file-name.txt to file-name.txt.gz in the current directory
Bare in mind that this is VERY BAD security practice. Make sure your production server doesn't configure this way.
Configure Telnet for root logins
Edit file /etc/default/login and comment out;
Configure FTP for root logins
Edit file/etc/ftpd/ftpusers and comment out;